Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal targets hair at the root, providing smooth, silky skin with minimal discomfort. At Clinica Lase, our cutting-edge Candela Gentle-LASE Alexandrite medical grade laser machine offers a highly effective hair removal experience for both men and women, regardless of skin type. Plus, with dynamic cooling technology, you can experience minimal discomfort during the treatment process. Our highly skilled technicians treat our clients with the utmost care and expertise, ensuring a smooth and silky finish that lasts for ages.
During laser hair removal, the laser emits light energy which is attracted to the pigment (melanin) of the hair. The light is converted to heat which will then help destroy the blood supply that feeds the hair follicle. Over time this blood supply becomes weaker and therefore the hair becomes finer and in some cases stops growing all together.
During laser hair removal, the laser emits light that is absorbed by melanins or pigments in the hair. The light is converted to heat and then creates damage to the hair follicle and hair bulge where the stem cells are resulting in inhibiting and delaying further hair growth.
Laser hair removal provides huge benefits for many reasons for example
- Quick procedure - It takes less than 15 minutes to cover a small area like upper lip, chin, full face, neck, under arms or bikini areas, therefore, it’s convenient and can be a quick lunch time treatment for many people.
- Less painful - You will feel a warm sensation during the treatment which is very tolerable. At Clinica Lase we use a medical grade laser hair removal machine that has a cryogen system which cools down the skin surface before the laser is pulsed to comfort your skin during treatment.
- Long term hair reduction - Because the laser causes damage to hair follicles and stem cells, therefore, the hair growth is inhibited and delayed the hair growth.
- Less maintenance - It is recommended to have laser hair removal treatment every 4-6 weeks in the first 5-6 sessions depending on what part of the body. Then the treatment gap can be extended according to the hair growth rate. Once the optimal result has been achieved, you will be hair free for months or years.
- Minimal to no down time - Even though the laser utilises an advanced technology to reduce the hair growth safely and effectively, there is still minimal skin reactions involved. The most common reactions are mild to moderate redness (erythema) and swollen hair follicle (perifollicullar oedema) which appears like a hive or rash on the skin. Those skin reactions can last as little as 2 hours or up to 2 days. The post laser treatment gel or cold compress can be used post treatment to alleviate the discomfort and side effects.
- Reduce and prevent ingrown hair - As the laser damages hair follicles and stem cells in hair bulge resulting in inhibiting and delaying hair growth, therefore, less chance of hair growth as well as ingrown hair. When there is less ingrown hair, the occurrence of red, bumpy and inflammation are also zero or minimal.
Yes, laser hair removal is better than waxing.
First of all, the treatment gap of 2-4 weeks is recommended for waxing, whereas 4-6 weeks for the laser hair removal.
Second, waxing is not going to inhibit and delay the hair growth, therefore, it requires the same frequency where the treatment gap between treatment for the laser hair removal will be stretched out as treatment goes as the hair grows slower.
Finally, the side effect of laser hair removal is far less than waxing. The most common side effects from waxing are skin irritation and ingrown hair, which is unlikely to happen with laser hair removal.
The laser hair removal provides hair reduction for a long period of time. The effect lasts from months to years depending on the individual person and their hair growth cycle.
No, it’s not. You will feel a warm sensation during the treatment which is tolerable. At Clinica Lase we use a medical graded laser hair removal machine that has a cryogen system which cools down the skin surface before the laser is pulsed to comfort your skin during treatment.
A consultation is recommended to provide clients with information about the laser hair removal, pre and post care as well as how to achieve the result.
Yes, the treated areas must be shaved or trimmed 1-2 days prior to treatment
The hair must be no more than 2-3 mm long.
Skin can feel pink and warm after treatment which can last about 2 hours, but not longer than 3 days. We recommend using a post laser gel which we stock in the clinic to use after the treatment AM and PM for 3-5 days post treatment. Apply sunscreen (SPF50) and avoid sun exposure for 2-4 weeks after the treatment.
Rarely, laser hair removal can cause blisters, crusting and changing of skin colour on the treated areas. For that reason, choosing to get laser hair removal done with a professional clinic is recommended.
Laser hair removal can be performed on any area of the body including face, neck, back, shoulder, underarms, arms, chest, stomach, buttock, legs, bikini lines and brazilian.
Laser hair removal should not be performed on the areas that have pigmented lesions like moles or artificial pigmentation like tattoo as the laser can not differentiate which pigments are in the hair shaft and which pigments are in the skin.
Around 6 sessions in general, however, it varies depending on individual clients and their hair growth cycle.
Laser hair removal at Clinica Lase starts at just $29 depending on which area on the body.
At Clinica Lase, we use safe and effective medical grade laser hair removal machines in both Carlton and Ballarat branches. Contact us or call on 1300 513 913 to book a complimentary consultation or for more information.