Ballarat Tattoo Removal
Can your tattoo be removed with the most advanced laser technology in melbourne?
Laser tattoo removal works by sending fast, powerful beams of light into the skin, which break up the ink particles of your tattoo. Your body then naturally metabolises and removes these particles. Most patients are able to tolerate the treatment without much discomfort. The patient can sometimes experience a warm, prickling sensation during the procedure and a slight warming of the skin post treatment. Multiple treatments will be required for the most dramatic results, and we recommend taking time between each treatment for the skin to heal. On the day you will have a private discussion with an experienced clinician who will assess your individual requirements, suggest a tailored plan and take you through the details of the procedure including pre-care and aftercare.
Some kinds words from our patients
"Can’t speak highly enough about Crystal and the entire team at Clinica Lase. Professional, informative and they all genuinely care about your skin and the results. I’ve been seeing the team for a few months and am seeing some huge changes in my skin. Thanks ladies - see you next month!"
Ready for a consultation?
If you have a question about the procedure, or simply want a more in-depth consultation let us know here.
The Cutera Enlighten, which uses picotechnology, safely delivers three laser light wavelengths (532, 670 and 1064) to target all tattoo colours and depths. Picotechnology has the ability to halve the number of tattoo removal treatments that you would normally require. It also reduces scarring and provides a safer, more comfortable tattoo removal experience overall.
During your free consultation at one of our clinics placed in Ballarat and Carlton, we will take you through the pros and cons of laser tattoo removal and what you can expect.
Following your treatment, your clinician will take you through the relevant aftercare instructions and provide you with a date for your next treatment.
There are a number of different factors that determine how long it will take to completely remove your unwanted tattoo, including:
- The type of ink
- The colours that were used
- Layering of tattoos
- Ink depth
On average, you will require at least 8 – 10 treatments to completely remove your tattoo. However, your tattoo will start to fade after just a few sessions.
Your clinician will be able to give you a better estimate of how many laser tattoo removal treatments you might require during your free consultation at our Ballarat and Carlton laser clinics.
While the Cutera Enlighten does offer a more comfortable tattoo removal experience, you will still experience a sensation that it’s similar to someone repeatedly snapping a rubber band against your skin.
For most, the discomfort experienced during a tattoo removal procedure is manageable.
To increase the success of your tattoo removal treatments and minimise side effects, here are a few pre-treatment guidelines:
- Do not wear makeup on the day of treatment
- No sun-tanning or self-tanners 4 weeks prior to treatment. This includes spray tans, tanning lotions, tanning beds and general sun exposure
- Some medications or supplements may increase your risk of bruising. Your clinician will discuss these medications and supplements with you during your free consultation at Clinica Lase
- Avoid treatments that may irritate your skin for 1-2 weeks prior to your treatment, this includes waxing and depilatories
- Notify your clinician about any changes to your health or medications since your last treatment
- If you have a history of herpes or cold sores, you may require an anti-viral prescription prior to your laser tattoo removal treatment
Here are a few aftercare guidelines that will help protect your skin after your tattoo removal treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure for 2 – 4 weeks after your treatment and always apply a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen before going outside
- Refrain from using any products that might irritate the skin, this includes products that contain retinol, tretinoin, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids and astringents. Wait until the skin has fully healed and all crusting has resolved before applying additional products to the skin
The cost of your laser tattoo removal treatment plan will be discussed during your free consultation at Clinica Lase once your clinician has examined the tattoo that needs to be treated.