PICO Genesis is a highly effective laser treatment for the skin. This cutting-edge technology combines the benefits of three wavelengths delivered in ultra-short pulses, picosecond and nanosecond, to create non-thermal, photo-mechanical disruption and remodelling of the deeper layers of the skin.
In addition to general rejuvenation, the multiple wavelengths also enable customised treatments to target a number of different concerns such as superficial pigmentation, sun spots, melasma, acne scarring, ice pick scarring and much more.
The ultra-short pulse durations means amazing results can be achieved with much less downtime than traditional lasers with a far lower risk of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Results can be seen after the first treatment and best results after as little as two treatments.
Here is a before and after photos following just ONE Pico Genesis treatment.
• No sun-tanning or self-tanners 4 weeks prior to treatment - includes spray tans, tanning lotions, tanning beds, sun exposure, etc.
• Some medications or supplements may increase the risk bruising. Consult with your clinician
• Avoid treatments that may irritate the skin for 1-2 weeks prior to treatment (waxing, depilatories, etc.)
• Notify clinic with any changes to your health history or medications since your last appointment
• History of herpes or cold sores may require an anti-viral prescription prior to treatment
Upon arrival you will be asked to fill out a consultation form which will include questions about your skin type, medical conditions, previous treatments, etc. You will then have a private discussion with an experienced clinician who will assess your individual requirements, suggest a tailored plan and take you through the details of the treatment including pre-care and aftercare. This will also give you the opportunity to have any questions or queries regarding your treatment answered. Most patients are able to tolerate the treatment without much discomfort. The patient will experience a warming of the skin during treatment which many clients find relaxing.
At Clinica Lase we only use medical grade, TGA approved laser technology.
We pride ourselves on both our knowledge and experience but also on our thorough consultations that ensure we have all the necessary information to minimise the risk of complications. At Clinica Lase, you can be sure that your safety is our first priority.
• Avoid sun exposure and use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen to prevent further sun damage
• Bruising, redness and swelling are common and resolve with time
• A heat rash or urticaria type of response is common and will resolve with time. An antihistamine can be taken to alleviate symptoms such as itchiness
• Treated pigment will turn darker (brown to black) within 24-48 hours
• Do not pick at treated areas
• Treated pigment will exfoliate off the face in approximately 1 week
• Treated pigment will exfoliate off the body in approximately 2-3 weeks
• It is important to use stratacel until the lesions have fully exfoliate off. It is to be used morning and night and reapplied if you wet your face or sweat the product off
• Avoid heat – hot tubs, saunas, etc. for 1-2 days
• Avoid skin irritants (examples below) until the pigmented lesions have fully sloughed off
• Products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, astringents, exfoliants etc.
• Notify clinic of any concerns (blistering, excessive redness/swelling, etc.)
• Consult with clinic about when to resume skin care regime.
Please contact us to discuss your specific requirements so we can provide an accurate price for you.